Friday, May 23, 2008

We Bought A House!

It's taken us a long time to finally get on board the whole family blog movement, but after much prodding, we've finally done it. My biggest hang-up has always been the fact that I can't ever think of what to write. But here goes...

Our biggest update is probably that we finally bought a house! It should be ready for us to move in by September. It's been a lot of fun picking options and such and needless to say, we're very excited. We had to camp out all night so we could be in the front of the line and have first dibs on available lots. It was worth it as we chose a lot that has a yard twice the size of the standard lot. As luck would have it, that lot also happened to have Kathryn's favorite color scheme and style, so it all worked out very well. Here's some construction pics (probably more fun for us to look at, but whatever)...





I guess that's all I have for now. We'll certainly try to post regularly, although I think Kaf still requires a little more prodding ;)

8 comments:

maryam said...

congrats on the new house!!! where are you moving to??

David & Kathryn said...

Goin' back to the old stompin' ground...Chino, CA

Heidi said...

It's in Chino?!?!? I need more details... I am SO jealous! that is so awesome. That is hopefully our next step.

Dave Heywood said...

You must have got a bargain without all the extras. Hope they atleast put a roof on it and some drywall.

Anonymous said...

SWEETNESS!! I am SO HAPPY for you guys!! ;)

Unknown said...

What up hommie? Glad to see they are finally building, do you think it will really be done by September?

Let us know when we can come to the house warming party.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! It is so fun to own your own home. You are lucky enough to buy a brand new one though so you won't have all the stumbling blocks of remodeling like we have! You guys won't be too far from us now so we need to get the girls together for some playdates! Hannah still talks about analiese.

Heywood Clan said...

Hey there guys. I just found your blog. It's so cute. I'm new to the blog thing too. I have the same problem about not knowing what to write. I love that we can all keep in touch this way. Congratulations on your house. It's exciting!! Your girls are so cute!!
~Amy